COUNTDOWN TO CONVERTIBLE BEGINS AS RANGE ROVER EVOQUE WIREFRAMES TAKE OVER LONDON
- Wireframe sculptures preview world’s first luxury compact SUV convertible
- Prestigious London locations including Harrods host unique models
- Full-size installations are 1:1 scale representation of Evoque Convertible
- World’s first compact luxury SUV Convertible to be revealed in November 2015
(LONDON, U.K.) – October 1, 2015 - Londoners were stopped in their tracks today as Land Rover placed a collection of full-size Range Rover Evoque Convertible ‘wireframe’ sculptures in the iconic streets of the UK’s capital.
The installations were displayed outside prestigious London locations including the world famous Harrods department store on Brompton Road, Knightsbridge and in notable Mayfair addresses.
The bespoke sculptures were designed by Land Rover’s own design team, using advanced computer modelling to accurately outline the shape of the forthcoming Evoque Convertible. Crafted from aluminum and finished in a range of vibrant colors, the wireframes illustrate the elegant evolution of the Range Rover Evoque’s transformation from coupe to convertible.
Six Convertible wireframes have been produced to give the public a chance to see how the Evoque Convertible will look in its natural urban environment. Each wireframe will now begin a global tour as Land Rover builds up to the introduction in November of the latest addition to the growing Range Rover family.
Gerry McGovern, Land Rover Design Director and Chief Creative Officer, said: “The Range Rover Evoque Convertible is perfectly suited to the urban surroundings of a city like London and it’s the perfect place to showcase the world’s first luxury compact SUV convertible. The locations chosen reflect the refined and luxurious lifestyle of an Evoque Convertible customer – two attributes this vehicle will deliver plentifully.”
About Land Rover
Land Rover, the British maker of Land Rover and Range Rover sport utility vehicles, is renowned for providing its clientele with some of the most luxurious and capable vehicles in the world. Every Land Rover vehicle is equally at home both on and off road, and in any setting; be it in the heart of the city, or traversing the countryside. Today's Land Rover lineup includes the Discovery Sport, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Evoque and LR4 (Discovery 4). Land Rover designs, engineers, and manufactures their vehicles in the United Kingdom. Land Rover is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Land Rover website at http://www.landroverusa.com.
About Jaguar Land Rover
- The United States is one of the leading global markets for both Jaguar and Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover employs 32,000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and four advanced manufacturing plants in the UK
- Headquartered in Mississauga in Canada, Jaguar Land Rover Canada ULC is represented by 23 retail outlets.