JOHN EDWARDS ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF JAGUAR LAND ROVER SPECIAL OPERATIONS JUNE 12, 2014
- Jaguar Land Rover launches Special Operations division to meet the increasing needs and aspirations of today’s discerning customers.
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations will focus on designing and engineering high specification vehicles, bespoke commissions, heritage products and branded goods.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest in creation of a new state-of-the-art Special Operations Technical Centre in the West Midlands.
A new business division, Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations, has been created to focus on meeting the increasing expectations of today’s most discerning and enthusiastic car customers.
Under the lead of John Edwards, Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations will offer a range of products and services:
- High specification vehicles that showcase the best of both brands, including high performance derivatives, ultra luxury products and limited run collector editions.
- Truly bespoke commissions and an extended choice of colour and trim specifications and accessories.
- Heritage products including vehicle recreations, servicing and restorations, and the creation and provision of heritage vehicle parts.
- A new portfolio of branded goods that will engage with a wide audience of current and potential customers.
Jaguar Land Rover Chief Executive, Dr. Ralf Speth, commented: “The creation of Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations demonstrates our continued commitment to placing customers at the heart of everything we do. This investment in exciting and desirable products will reinforce the global reputation of both Jaguar and Land Rover brands."
John Edwards, Managing Director of Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations said: “As a business, we are completely focused on enhancing and personalising the relationship our most discerning and enthusiastic customers have with our brands.
“By creating a Special Operations division we can harness the very best talent and expertise Jaguar Land Rover has - to deliver exceptional products and services our customers will love for life.”
The Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations team of expert designers and engineers will be led by Paul Newsome, Director of Special Vehicle Operations, recently recruited from Williams Advanced Engineering. Working on present and future vehicle portfolios, the team will create halo vehicles ranging from high luxury to extreme performance.
To support the delivery of these products, Jaguar Land Rover will be investing in a new dedicated Technical Centre, located in the West Midlands area of the UK, close to the current headquarters.
A team of 150 Jaguar Land Rover specialists will be based at the new Technical Centre. Its unique facilities will feature a customer commissioning suite for bespoke services and premium vehicle personalisation, Formula 1-inspired flexible workshops and a fully automated paint facility.
In addition, a new heritage vehicle workshop will be created at Browns Lane in Coventry, the spiritual home of Jaguar. This will be the production site for the six recently announced lightweight E-Type recreations and will also allow the newly formed heritage team to expand its servicing and restoration services. The newly expanded heritage business will be open from August 1st.
An error occurred creating a component.
Component with schema "Ready To Go Bar" and view "ready-to-go-bar" and title "ready-to-go-bar-article" and ID "tcm:294-83025".
(Error was "There must be a CTA on the Ready To Go box, component Id tcm:294-83025 is missing a CTA")