• Defender Service Awards returns to honour U.S. and Canadian organizations with a customized Land Rover Defender 130 vehicle, along with monetary prizes to further empower their efforts.
• Five award categories include: Animal Welfare, Veterans Outreach, Environmental & Conservation, Community Services and Search & Rescue.
• Beginning July 25 and ending September 7, 2022, Land Rover will be accepting video nominations from worthy organizations aligning with one of the five categories.
• To enter, organizations must submit a video and be a U.S.-based 501(c)(3)1 / Canadian registered charity whose efforts fall within one of the five categories outlined in the program.
• Chase, the presenting sponsor, will be donating $5,000 USD to each finalist. Category sponsors including Pelican, Outside, dentsu X, ei3 and KONG Company, will donate $25,000 USD to their respective category winners.
• For information and rules1 on the Defender Service Awards presented by Chase, please visit www.landrover.ca
(MISSISSAUGA, ON) –July 25, 2022 – Land Rover today announced the launch of its second annual Defender Service Awards presented by Chase, to celebrate and support U.S. non-profit and Canada-based charitable organizations that are making a positive impact on their local community. Organizations whose missions align with one of the five contest categories of Search & Rescue, Environmental & Conservation, Veterans Outreach, Community Service and Animal Welfare are encouraged to submit videos on how a new Land Rover Defender would aid in their organization’s mission.
Partner brands have joined the second annual Defender Service Awards to further recognize the incredible works of service of these organizations. Chase, as presenting sponsor, will be donating $5,000 USD to each of the five finalists per category for a total of $125,000 USD. Category sponsors include Pelican for Search & Rescue; Outside Magazine for Environmental & Conservation; dentsu X for Veterans Outreach; ei3 for Community Service; and KONG Company for Animal Welfare. Each category sponsor will donate $25,000 USD to its respective category winner.
In addition to the monetary prizes, a custom Land Rover Defender 130 will be awarded to each of the category winners. The Defender 130 is all new for 2023, featuring three rows of seating for up to eight people, along with 2,516 litres of load capacity, and is fully capable of assisting these organizations with transporting animals, gear or volunteers. Winning organizations will have the opportunity to outfit their vehicle with select Land Rover accessories, along with a custom exterior design wrap.
“After a successful introduction of the first ‘Defender Service Awards’ in 2021, we are honoured to continue the legacy of recognizing organizations that make a difference in their communities,” said Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO, Jaguar Land Rover North America. “This year, along with our presenting sponsor CHASE and five category sponsors, we will be able to reward charitable organizations with customized Defender 130 vehicles and monetary donations to help further their causes.”
“Access to reliable transportation can dramatically help charitable organizations drive their mission forward” said Jagdeep Daval, Head of Auto Partnerships at Chase. “Chase is proud to support Land Rover’s customers and these community organizations, we can’t wait to see what they’ll do next.”
Entrants can nominate organizations or organizations can nominate themselves by filling out the entry form and submitting an up to three-minute video that details the organization’s mission, how it addresses a need in their community and how the Land Rover Defender will help to further their efforts. Land Rover will call for entries through September 7, 2022. Once selected by a panel of qualified judges, finalists’ videos will be posted on www.landrover.ca for public voting. All winners will be announced in December 2022.
The winners of last year’s Defender Service Awards include Wolfe County Search and Rescue for Search & Rescue; New York Marine Center for Coastal & Marine Conservation; Humane Society of Independence County for Animal Welfare; Montgomery Emergency Medical Services for First Responders; One Tree Planted for Environmental; Hamptons Community Outreach for Urban Improvement; and Navarre Beach Fire Rescue Inc. for Fire Safety & Response. Each organization was gifted a customized Land Rover Defender 110 to help further their community outreach efforts.
1. Organizations must be a US 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or Canadian charitable organization in one of the five (5) Categories specified, be approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt, charitable organization as of July 25, 2022, and maintain its tax-exempt status (i.e., good standing) until the end of the Contest Period. The US 501(c)(3) must be a public charity or a private operating foundation, but not a private foundation
2. Information and rules for the Defender Service Awards presented by Chase can be found here.