LEASE VS FINANCE
Decide which option to put you in the driver’s seat
|WHY LEASE?||WHY FINANCE?|
|FLEXIBLE COMMITMENT||MORE CONTROL|
- With a lease, you can choose a new vehicle with the latest technology and features every 24 to 48 months.
- You may enjoy lower monthly payments and flexible mileage options.
- Convenient lease-end options: at lease maturity, trade in your Land Rover for a new one, buy it or select a different vehicle.
- Each payment brings you closer to the pride of ownership. The creditor usually holds a security interest on the vehicle until you make your final payment.
- Unlimited mileage lets you drive where you want.
- Enjoy the full benefit of the trade-in or resale value.
|LEASE A NEW LAND ROVER||FINANCE A NEW LAND ROVER|
- Flexible lease terms help you decide how long to keep your Land Rover. (Terms and limits apply.)
- Enjoy new vehicle performance and the latest technology features.
- Pay to own your new vehicle. Once you make the final payment, it’s all yours.
- You may build equity in your vehicle with every payment.
- When you finance the purchase of your Land Rover, the creditor usually holds a security interest on the vehicle until you have paid the contract in full.
- Flexible kilometres options to suit your driving needs.
- Down payment — The total amount of money you pay up front to reduce the capitalized cost of the lease.
- Acquisition Fees, taxes, registration and titling.
- Certified Pre-Owned does not apply when leasing.
- Drive as many kilometres as you want.
- Down payment, any additional products or services purchased.
- Taxes, registration and titling.
- Enjoy financing specifically for Certified Pre-Owned vehicles.
- Can help you get the car of your dreams for less than you may have thought possible.
- Pay your lease up-front at the time of signing.
- With a single-pay lease, you will not have a monthly payment.
- Does not apply.
Know your options
If you need more time to get the Land Rover vehicle you want, please contact Land Rover Canada Financial Services at 1-888-703-8868 see if you qualify for a one-time, maximum six-month lease term extension on your current lease. You must be current on your lease payments and not subject to any bankruptcy or repossession proceedings.
Lease term extensions are available for a maximum of six months for those who qualify. You can turn-in your vehicle at any time during the six months without incurring Early Termination penalties; you do not have to wait until the scheduled maturity date. You must turn-in or purchase the vehicle at the end of the six-month extension. Mileage is pro-rated for each month.
We encourage you to have your vehicle pre-inspection completed between 45 and 60 days prior to your expected return date to ensure enough time for any maintenance or repairs that may be required. You will not be able to make any repairs once you officially return the vehicle. Please contact Land Rover Canada Financial Services at 1-888-703-8868 to arrange a vehicle pre-inspection. If your vehicle has been inspected, login to AutoVINlive.com using your Vehicle Inspection Number (VIN) and Account Number to review your inspection report.
If you decide to return your current Land Rover, contact your Land Rover retailer in advance to arrange for the return.
Here’s what you need to do on the day you return the vehicle:
• Remove all personal items
• Place the owner’s manual in the glove box
• Turn in all sets of keys to the vehicle
• Clear any personal digital information from in-vehicle interfaces
• Anything that came with your Land Rover when you first leased it is required to be included when returned. You may be charged for missing items, including keys, manuals, and/or cargo covers
• Avoid tire replacement charges – ensure that all tires match and are of comparable quality to the original equipment, no snow tires, no tires are missing or damaged, and each tire must have at least 1/8th -inch tread at its lowest point
• See the Excess Wear and Use section of your Lease Agreement for additional details and exclusions
• You will obtain a Vehicle Turn-In Confirmation including final odometer reading from your Retailer following the return of your vehicle. In the event you do not receive the Vehicle Turn-In Confirmation at the time of return, you will receive this documentation in the mail or electronically. You will also receive a statement of account detailing any charges incurred for damages, kilometre overages or excess wear and tear by mail. Provided you have completed the necessary pre-inspection, your Retailer will be able to perform a walk-around to verify any updates to the vehicle’s condition.
Wear and use is outlined in your Lease Agreement as follows:
• Holes, tears, burns, stains, strong odours or excessively worn areas in the carpet, other interior surfaces or convertible top;
• Scratches, chips, dents, pits, rust, holes or cracks in the wheels or exterior surfaces, windshield or other glass surfaces or metal work
• Cracked, broken, or missing windows, doors, lights, trim, mirrors or antennas;
• Missing, damaged, or nonworking mechanical equipment, safety or emissions control equipment, electrical or other parts or accessories;
• Damage to the vehicle’s frame or alignment
• Damage due to improper, poor quality or incomplete repairs or paint work.
• Excessive wear and use related to tires. Tire tread must be 1/8” (0.64 cm) at the lowest point and may not contain any other damages. Also make sure that all tires match and are of comparable quality to the original equipment. Also make sure to remove snow tires prior to your pre-inspection. Other items may be excluded as set forth in the Lease Agreement;
• Any missing manuals or missing nonworking keys or remote entry devices.
If you note any chargeable damage, you may choose to make repairs to reduce your end-of-term liability. Contact your retailer prior to turn-in to assist with any necessary repairs, or to provide documentation of repairs completed by a licensed repair facility.
You may have purchased an optional product(s) under the Land Rover Protection Program to cover costs associated with repairing the vehicle and to reduce or avoid end of term charges. If so, please carefully review the benefits and exclusions of any optional products you purchased. Contact your retailer to complete any covered repairs prior to turn-in. See “Understand Your Wear and Use” for additional information.
Review the per kilometre charge in your Lease Agreement or contact your retailer to discuss any options that they may have to offer. If the overage is significant, you may wish to purchase your vehicle.
While we do appreciate that you stayed under your kilometre allowance, we do not currently offer any credits or rollovers for unused kilometres.
If you wish to terminate your lease prior to the Maturity Date as indicated on your Retail Lease Agreement, but do not wish to purchase the vehicle, you must pay the total of all remaining payments up to the Maturity Date less unearned interest on the remaining payments, an early termination fee where applicable, and all taxes and other amounts owed under this lease including payments in arrears, late fees, etc. Please review your Retail Lease Agreement for complete details and then contact your retailer, or Land Rover Canada Financial Services at 1-888-703-8868.
Your Retail Lease Agreement requires that you either purchase or return your vehicle by your lease maturity date.
If you want to purchase your vehicle or just need more time to decide on your next steps, please contact your retailer, or Land Rover Canada Financial Services at 1-888-703-8868 to see if a lease term extension of an additional 30-days is possible. If accepted, your Lease term extension will continue on the same terms as the original Retail Lease Agreement and is subject to a lease extension fee. If you fail to return the vehicle, you must continue to make your regular lease payment(s) plus a late return fee. Refer to your Retail Lease Agreement for complete details.
CAN I PURCHASE MY LEASED VEHICLE?
Yes, you can purchase your leased vehicle at anytime during the lease, please contact your retailer, or Land Rover Canada Financial Services at 1-888-703-8868 for further details.
CAN I NEGOTIATE THE PURCHASE PRICE OF MY VEHICLE?
We do not negotiate the purchase price as you are bound by your signed Retail Lease Agreement. Any negotiations regarding the purchase would need to take place at the retailer prior to signing your Retail Lease Agreement.
See your Retail Lease Agreement for the agreed upon value of the vehicle and the purchase option fee. Please note that even after you terminate your lease, you may be billed for remaining taxes, parking tickets, toll charges, and other provincial or local fees due on your account.
If you purchase your lease at the end of your term (all contracted payments made), you will pay the residual value provided in your Retail Lease Agreement. Any additional payments made after your contracted term will continue to reduce the residual value amount.
If you purchase your lease before the end of the lease term, you will pay the adjusted lease balance, plus any past due monthly payments, unpaid late charges, or other amounts due under the lease.
WHY DO MY PURCHASE DOCUMENTS SAY A MONTHLY PAYMENT IS DUE?
If your payoff quote overlaps your payment due date, you will see an amount for Monthly Payment Due. This is not an extra payment, as the Monthly Payment Due was subtracted from the Purchase Price and may include a service fee and tax. If the quote had not overlapped your normal payment due date, the amount in the Monthly Payment Due section would have remained in the Purchase Price amount. The Total Purchase Price must be paid to meet the terms of your Retail Lease Agreement and close your account. If payment in full is received from your retailer before the payment due date, you may be entitled to a refund, which may include the service fee if applicable and tax. Contact your retailer directly to ensure they receive your payment in full promptly.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO PROCESS THE PURCHASE?
If all necessary documentation is received, it may take a minimum of 4 business days from when the purchase funds are received from your retailer to process the transaction and mail the certificate of title. Please make sure all documentation is complete to avoid delays.
WHEN DOES MY PAYOFF QUOTE EXPIRE?
Refer to the documentation provided when the quote was received to confirm the "good through" date.
WILL I BE CHARGED FOR MODIFICATIONS OR UPGRADES TO MY VEHICLE?
• You may be charged for modifications or upgrades to your vehicle. Your Lease Agreement states that you will not modify the vehicle (such as adding, removing or modifying any accessories, equipment, parts, painting or lettering) without our prior written permission.
• Any accessories, equipment or parts installed in or on the vehicle become our property and part of the vehicle regardless of whether we gave you our written permission.
I PURCHASED A TIRE REPLACEMENT PRODUCT WHEN I SIGNED MY LEASE. DO I NEED TO USE IT BEFORE I TURN IN MY VEHICLE?
Yes. If you purchased an extended warranty or other optional products such as the Land Rover Protection Program from the retailer at time of lease, it is your responsibility to use the benefits before you return the vehicle. Since they are purchased directly from the retailer, we have no way to determine which products you purchased, and we cannot make repairs after you have returned your vehicle.
WHO DO I CONTACT ABOUT THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES I PURCHASED WITH MY LEASE?
The retailer should have provided you with documentation about the products and services you purchased. These documents explain terms and conditions, coverage, cancellation provisions, how to file a claim and how to contact your service provider. Contact your retailer for additional information.
MY NAME IS MISSPELLED ON MY LEASE AGREEMENT. HOW DO I GET IT CORRECTED?
Contact us at Land Rover Canada Financial Services – 1-888-703-8868 to complete the update. Your name will need to be corrected if you plan to purchase the vehicle. Please note that address changes for lease accounts cannot be made online.
HOW DO I GET A COPY OF MY LEASE AGREEMENT?
Contact your retailer, or Land Rover Canada Financial Services at 1-888-703-8868.
CAN I TAKE THE VEHICLE OUT OF THE COUNTRY?
During the term of your lease, you must get permission to take the vehicle out of the country. Contact us at Land Rover Canada Financial Services – 1-888-703-8868.
Note: Please contact us at least two weeks prior to your scheduled departure date.
WHAT IS A CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN OR MANUFACTURER STATEMENT OF ORIGIN?
Please contact your retailer.
HOW DO I LOCATE MY RETAILER?
Visit here to locate your retailer.