LAND ROVER ANNOUNCES RETURN OF DEFENDER TROPHY EDITION WITH ADVENTURE COMPETITION EXPERIENCE
• Land Rover North America will produce 250 adventure-ready exclusive Defender Trophy Edition vehicles in 2022, paying tribute to the iconic 4x4’s long-standing expedition legacy
• Based on the 2023 Defender 90 P400 X-Dynamic SE, it will feature a vehicle wrap in a heritage-inspired yellow colourway, an Extended Black Exterior Pack, tow hitch receiver, Air Suspension Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Off-road Pack and Advanced Off-road Capability Pack
• Additional all-terrain equipment includes an Expedition Roof Rack, Deployable Ladder, Electric Winch and Winch Installation Kit1, mud flaps, Integrated Air Compressor, Deep-Sided Mats and Cargo Space Rubber Mats
• Defender Trophy Edition purchase2 includes an opportunity to participate in a one-day off-road adventure in the North American Trophy Competition held at the Land Rover Experience Centre in Manchester, VT starting from October 8, 2022
• The overall winning team of the North American Trophy Competition will go on to compete in an extreme adventure competition in 2023 in the U.K.
• The Defender Trophy Edition will be available this September, priced at $115,4003, and can be purchased at certain Land Rover Authorized Retailers in the U.S. and Canada.
(MISSISSAUGA, ON) – August 17, 2022 – Today, Land Rover North America announced a limited-production Defender Trophy Edition, with an opportunity to join an exclusive adventure competition held at the Land Rover Experience Centre in Manchester, Vermont. Following the success of the 2021 competition, Defender Trophy owners will have the ability to take part in the expedition-style competition included with purchase.2
The Defender Trophy Edition continues the spirit of adventure that is deep rooted in the model’s legacy across the globe. Based on the 2023 Defender 90 P400 X-Dynamic SE, the Defender Trophy Edition features a special vehicle wrap in heritage-inspired yellow colourway, a unique Trophy Badge, an Extended Black Exterior Pack, Tow Hitch Receiver, Air Suspension Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Off-road Pack and Advanced Off-road Capability Pack.
The Defender Trophy Edition is designed to tackle some of the most demanding endurance challenges. Additional all-terrain equipment includes an Expedition Roof Rack, Deployable Roof Ladder, Electric Winch/Winch Accessory Pack1, Front and Rear Classic Mudflaps, Integrated Air Compressor, Deep-Sided Mats, and Cargo Space Rubber Mats.
“The Defender Trophy Edition continues to embrace the spirit of adventure while honouring Land Rover’s rich and iconic heritage,” says Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO, Jaguar Land Rover North America. “We look forward to welcoming our Defender Trophy Edition customers to put these vehicles to the test at the exclusive adventure competition, while experiencing the breadth of capabilities inherent to the Defender.”
With 250 Defender Trophy Edition vehicles sold exclusively in the U.S. and Canada (220 U.S. / 30 Canada), each will come with an opportunity for a two-person entry to a one-day off-road adventure in the Defender Trophy Competition. Up to 90 teams (six waves of 15 teams maximum on a first come, first served basis) from the U.S. and Canada will compete at the Land Rover Experience Centre in Manchester, VT, starting from October 8, 2022.
The overall winning team, as determined by a judging panel, will go on to take part in the Classic Land Rover Trophy Competition in a stunning and challenging environment in the U.K, due to take place in Spring 2023.
Competitors will face a number of on- and off-road challenges, including physical and team-building obstacles. In addition, expert one-on-one coaching will be provided as part of the adventure, giving customers a unique opportunity to develop extreme driving techniques and skills in their own vehicle before putting their training to the test.
The Defender Trophy Edition will be available this September, with an MSRP of $115,400.3 It can be purchased at certain Land Rover Authorized Retailers in the U.S. and Canada.
# # #
1Available as a retailer-installed optional accessory. Supply of vehicle winch is very limited and subject to availability. Before using the winch, please consult the owner's manual or your local Land Rover Authorized Retailer for more details.
2A maximum of 90 team spots are available on a first come, first served basis with a purchase of a Defender Trophy Edition vehicle and registration deadline is September 27, 2022. Please see your participating Land Rover Authorized Retailer for complete Terms and Conditions.
3Starting at price shown is Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes destination and delivery, PDI, admin charges, government fees, recycling fees, tax, title, license, insurance, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local Land Rover Authorized Retailer for details.