LAND ROVER DEFENDER SERVICE AWARDS (CONTEST)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THE DEFENDER SERVICE AWARDS (“CONTEST”) IS OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER RESIDING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) OR CANADA AND A US 501(C)(3) NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OR CANADIAN REGISTERED CHARITY WHO HAVE AT LEAST ONE DIRECTOR THAT IS 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER RESIDING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES, D.C. OR CANADA. THE CONTEST WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU AND THE 501(C)(3) NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION OR REGISTERED CHARITY ARE NOT LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., OR CANADA AT TIME OF ENTRY. NOMINATORS (DEFINED BELOW) MUST HAVE NOMINEE’S (DEFINED BELOW) PERMISSION TO NOMINATE NOMINEE ON NOMINEE’S BEHALF PRIOR TO ENTRY (DEFINED BELOW) AND PROVIDE THE NOMINEE’S INFORMATION AS REQUIRED BELOW.
The Land Rover Defender Service Awards (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (“Sponsor”). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest should be directed to Sponsor. The Contest begins at 03:00:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 25, 2022, and ends on November 6, 2022, 11:59:00 p.m. ET.
The Contest is divided into three (3) periods as outlined in the following chart:
Entry Submissions (the “Entry Submission Period”)
July 25, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. ET
September 7, 2022, at 8:00 p.m. ET
Judging by Sponsor (the “Judging by Sponsor Period”)
September 7, 2022
October 20, 2022
Public Voting (the “Public Voting Period”)
October 21, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET
November 6, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Swivel Group, LLC’s (“Administrator”) computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest. The Contest provides eligible individuals (the “Nominators”) with the opportunity to nominate a US 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or Canadian registered charity, which otherwise meets the eligibility criteria as detailed herein, which has selflessly risen to the challenge to help their communities (a “Nomination” and each nominated US 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or Canadian registered charity, a “Nominee”) to win a prize as described herein. Prior to Entry (defined below) Nominators must have Nominee’s permission to nominate Nominee on Nominee’s behalf and provide the Nominee’s information as required below. Nominators must be able to provide proof of such Nominee’s permission upon Sponsor’s request and failure to demonstrate permission will make the nomination void. Nominations will be reviewed by representatives of Sponsor to select the Finalist Entries (defined below) for public voting, as more fully set forth below.
1. ELIGIBILITY TO MAKE A NOMINATION AND BE NOMINATED: Nominations in the Contest may only be made by legal residents of the 50 United States of America (the “US”), the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) or Canada and who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (each, a “Nominator”).
Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, and members of their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to be a Nominator or Nominee.
Employees of Sponsor’s U.S. dealerships, and members of their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) or households (whether related or not) are eligible to participate in the Contest as Nominators. Employees of Sponsor’s U.S. and Canadian dealerships, and members of their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) or households (whether related or not) are eligible to be a Nominee if a US 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or Canadian registered charity with which they are associated is nominated, in accordance with the rules stated below.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, A NOMINATOR HAS NO RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY PRIZE (as defined in section 5 of these Official Rules (the “Rules”)) OR PORTION THEREOF - the Nominator’s involvement in this Program is limited to nominating a Nominee (as defined in the following paragraph), UNLESS they nominate a US 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or Canadian registered charity with which they are associated, in accordance with the rules stated below.
Any eligible Nominator may nominate a US non-profit organization or Canadian registered charity (each, a “Nominee”) in the Contest, regardless of country of residence of the Nominator. To be eligible to participate in the Contest and receive a nomination as a Nominee, the Nominee in question must meet the following criteria: be a US 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or Canadian registered charity in one of the five (5) Categories specified in Section 2 below; be approved by the Internal Revenue Service or Canada Revenue Agency as a tax-exempt, charitable organization as of July 25, 2022, and maintain its tax-exempt status (i.e., good standing) until the end of the Contest Period; and either be a public charity or a private operating foundation, but not a private foundation (collectively, the “Nomination Requirements”).
To be eligible, the Nominee must meet all of the Nomination Requirements (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) at all relevant times. Nominees are subject to verification of eligibility and identity at any time in order to verify compliance with the Nomination Requirements, with the Rules, or for any other reason, at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Nominee if Sponsor determines that allowing such Nominee to participate in (or continue to participate in) the Program could bring Sponsor into public disrepute or in any way adversely impact the good standing or reputation of Sponsor in the eyes of the general public. Sponsor’s decisions on all matters arising in this regard shall be final and binding without right of appeal.
Contest is void outside of the 50 United States, D.C. and Canada and where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION:
Step 1: During the Entry Submission Period, with the Nominee’s permission, create a video of up to three (3) minutes in length that explains how your Nominee has selflessly risen to the challenge to help their communities (the “Video”) in one of the following five (5) categories (each a “Category”):
1.Veterans Outreach: e.g., veterans and active-duty service members, veteran family support, returning to civilian life, wounded soldiers
2.Community Services: e.g., green spaces, hunger relief, shelter solutions/home rehabilitation, youth programs, outreach
3.Search & Rescue: e.g., Remote areas, Mountain Terrain, Natural Disaster Support
4.Environmental & Conservation: e.g., Conservation Efforts, Coastal Cleanup, Air Quality/Pollution, Water/Land Maintenance
5.Animal Welfare: e.g., Shelters/Sanctuaries, Injured Wildlife, Wildlife Habitat Protection, Marine Mammal Conservation
Amateur and professional videos are welcomed. Entrants may use any type of video device to record videos, but it is recommended all Videos be filmed in the widescreen or horizontal screen orientation. Your Video content MUST address each of the following:
•A description of the Nominee organization’s activities and how those activities align with the chosen Category; and
•The urgent and immediate needs the Nominee organization’s activities address; ANDHow the organization would put a Land Rover Defender to best use in its efforts; AND How one or more specific features of the Land Rover Defender vehicle will aid in moving forward the Nominee organization’s efforts and/or expand its reach.
To receive a prize, selected Nominees must agree to comply with these Official Rules.
Only the Nominee may be eligible to receive a prize and a Nominee is not eligible to win more than one (1) prize. Nominator will not receive a prize unless they nominate a US 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or Canadian registered charity with which they are associated, and their Entry is selected as a winner.
Limit one Entry per Nominator and Nominee during the Contest Entry Period. Nominators may only use one email address to enter the Contest. You are not permitted to share the same email address with another Nominator. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Entries all of which will be ineligible to win a prize. Winners from the 2021 Defender Service Awards are not eligible to participate. Any attempt by any Nominator or Nominee to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will be void and your Entries will be disqualified. Incomplete or illegible Entries will not be acknowledged.
GRANT OF RIGHTS: All Entries will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged, returned or cancelled, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the status of any Entry, except as provided herein. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, the name of the “authorized account holder” associated with the email account will be deemed to be the Nominee and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder of the email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agencies (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for Entries that are late, lost, illegible, unintelligible, invalid, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that contain false information, that are generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules, all of which are ineligible to win a prize. Use of any automated program or method to enter will result in disqualification of all associated Entries and of the person/email address account responsible for such Entries. If entering via a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
3.ENTRY GUIDELINES: By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that: (a) it is, in its entirety, your own original work and/or that you have obtained all necessary rights in and to the Entry (where applicable); (b) it has not been previously published, released or distributed in any form; (c) it has not won previous awards; (d) statements and claims made regarding the Nominee are truthful; (e) it does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, violate or infringe upon the copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights or any other rights of any person or entity and must not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement or invasion of privacy or publicity or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; (f) the Entry is suitable for presentation in a public forum; (g) publication of the Entry via various media, including but not limited to the Sponsor’s websites and social media channels, will not violate or infringe on the rights of any third party; and (h) it does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time and for any reason, to request you to modify, edit and/or re-submit any Entry in order to ensure that such Entry complies with these Official Rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point in time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances to ensure that the Contest is being conducted in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Official Rules.
By submitting an Entry, you hereby agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of your Entry, including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever. THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL CONTINUE IN FORCE FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF THE CONTEST AND/OR AWARDING OF ANY PRIZE.
No Entry may contain, mention, refer or otherwise allude, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any of the following: a) Sexually explicit, lewd, disparaging, morally offensive or suggestive content; violent content or dangerous stunts; content which promotes discrimination based on ethnicity, race, nationality, disability, gender, religion, profession, age, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state/provincial, or local law, ordinance, or regulation; or any profane or pornographic content; b) References to sports betting, lotteries, gambling, alcohol, illegal or performance enhancing drugs, tobacco, e-cigarettes, cannabinoid or synthetic THC products and any related paraphernalia, firearms/weapons/ammunition (or the use of any of the foregoing); content that promotes any activities that are unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; c) Obscene or offensive material including cursing and offensive language; promotion or endorsement of bigotry, any form of hate speech or hate group or otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material; d) Content that is a duplicate of any other Entry’s content; e) Content that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks or reflect negatively upon Sponsor, other companies or other people or is libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortuous or slanderous; f) Personal identification of anyone other than the Nominee or Nominator, such as full names (first and last), license plates, e-mail addresses or street addresses; g) Material embodying the names or other indicia that identify any person, living or dead, other than the Nominee; h) Messages or images explicitly or implicitly inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate; or i) Content that infringes the rights of any third party or promotes illegal activities; and/or violates any law. The Entry cannot itself be in violation of any law, policy, guideline or ordinance and must otherwise be in compliance with these Official Rules.
*LIMITED LICENSE: THE SPONSOR’S TRADEMARKS MAY BE REFERENCED IN THE ENTRY FOR PURPOSES OF THIS CONTEST ONLY. NO OTHER RIGHTS IN OR TO SPONSOR’S TRADEMARKS ARE GRANTED UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND NOMINATOR MAY NOT USE THE ENTRY FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN ENTERING THIS CONTEST.
Entries are not permitted to be shared publicly by any Nominator (including without limitation on Nominator’s personal social media accounts). Posting of an Entry on any social media platform will result in disqualification of said Entry.
Entries that do not comply with the above guidelines, or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entry must not contain material that is harmful to others, such as viruses, Trojan horses or other technologies that could adversely impact the Contest or any person’s computer or other device. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligations other than those contained in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to use or otherwise disclose the ideas and content contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas and content without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for your Entry or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules. You further acknowledge that Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITES OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET AS AUTHORIZED BY SPONSOR, IN ITS DISCRETION. You further acknowledge that Sponsor is not obligated to post or use your Entry. By submitting an Entry, you fully agree to hereby grant the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and designees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and non-exclusive license to use, publish, reproduce, edit, translate, create derivative works from, to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, make available, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, and have transmitted the Entry or portions of the Entry for any purpose, including, without limitation, the purpose of administering the Contest and judging the Entries. You also grant a waiver and full release relating to the Entry, including without limitation waiving your rights of publicity or privacy. You hereby waive all moral rights in and to your Entry (and each component thereof) in favor of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use such Entry). Nominee will be required to sign a document to this effect and failure to sign this document will void the nomination. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
ENTRIES POSTED TO SPONSOR’S WEBSITES, IF ANY, ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL NOMINATOR AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Nominators.
4. WINNER SELECTION
To be eligible for the Contest, an eligible Entry must be received during the Entry Period. During the Judging by Sponsor Period, each Entry will be individually judged and scored by qualified judges appointed by Sponsor based on the following required criteria: (a) demonstrated contribution Nominee has made to its local community and how its activities fit within the Category; (b) addresses an urgent and immediate need in the community; (c) how a Land Rover Defender vehicle will help move the Nominee’s initiative forward; and d) how one or more specific features of the Land Rover Defender will help expand the organization’s mission. These scores will be weighted accordingly: (a) 10%, (b) 20%, (c) 30%, and (d) 40%. Up to five (5) Entries that receive the highest combined scores according to the criteria listed above in each of the five (5) Categories noted in Section 2, in the sole determination of the judges and subject to the verification eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, will be determined eligible for public voting (each a “Finalist Entry”). In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-judged by an additional panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor who will serve as a tiebreaker and which will evaluate tied Entries according to the criteria listed above. If following re-judging the entries are still tied, the Entry that received the highest score for criteria (d), as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed a winner (subject to verification) from among the tied Entries. Potential Finalist Entries will be notified by telephone or email at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to select no winner for any Category submission phase, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries for that Category submission phase. Odds of being selected as an eligible Finalist Entry depend on: (i) the calibre of each Nominator’s Entry; (ii) the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Submission Period; and (iii) the score obtained during the Judging by Sponsor Period. Judging is schedule to be completed on October 20, 2022.
(b) PUBLIC VOTING
Each eligible Finalist Entry may be voted on by the general public during the Public Voting Period. To vote, a member of the public must visit Sponsor’s website located at www.landroverusa.com/experiences/events-and-sponsorships/defender-service-awards/index.html and www.landrover.ca/en/experiences/sponsorship/defender-service-awards/index.html to view the Finalist Entries and cast a vote (a “Vote”) for a Finalist Entry during the Public Voting Period by entering a valid email address (a “Registered Voter”). Canadian voter may vote for US or Canadian Finalists. US voters may vote for US or Canadian Finalists. A Registered Voter may vote for multiple Finalist Entries; however, they may only vote once per day (defined as 12:00:01 am ET to 11:59:59 pm ET) per category for each Finalist Entry during the Public Voting Period. “SHARING,” “LIKING,” “RETWEETING,” OR OTHERWISE LINKING TO OR FORWARDING THE CONTEST INFORMATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA, VIA EMAIL, OR IN ANY OTHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE MANNER IS NOT A REQUIREMENT OR PART OF THIS CONTEST AND WILL NOT IMPROVE A FINALIST ENTRY’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Decisions of Sponsor are final relating to all aspects of the online voting process and results. If it is discovered that attempts were made by a Registered Voter (or any individual purporting to be a Registered Voter) to: (i) vote more than one (1) time per day (as defined above ) during the Public Voting Period; (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to submit Votes; (iii) engage in systematic voting from the same computer/IP address; or (iv) violate any of these Official Rules, then it may result in the disqualification, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, of the Votes and/or Entry to which such Votes relate.
All Votes are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor — including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) from any Registered Voter to participate in this Contest or for any Votes entered, or purportedly entered, by such voter to be considered valid for the purposes of this Contest. The Finalist Entry in each Category with the highest number of votes at the end of the Public Voting Period will be deemed the eligible prize winner in that Category (subject to verification of both Nominator and Nominee) and once verification is complete and the selected Nominee and Nominator complete all required steps for Nominee to be confirmed a prize winner, a prize will be awarded to the Nominee. Nominator will not receive a prize unless Nominator nominates a US 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or Canadian registered charity with which they are associated in compliance with these Official Rules and meets all of the requirements set out in these Official Rules to be selected and confirmed as a winner. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-judged by an additional panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor who will serve as a tiebreaker and which will evaluate tied Entries according to the criteria listed above. If following the re-judging the entries are still tied, the Entry that received the highest score for “Demonstrated contribution Nominee has made to its local community and how its activities fit within the Category,” as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion will be deemed a winner (subject to verification) from among the tied Entries. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest, without right of appeal. Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner based on the judging criteria described herein in the event any of the Finalist Entries are disqualified. Odds of winning a prize depend on: (i) the calibre of each Nominator’s Entry; and (ii) on the number of eligible Votes received during the Public Voting Period. Potential winners (both Nominators and their respective Nominees) are not actual winners until their eligibility has been verified, and it is determined to Sponsor’s satisfaction that they have complied with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
5. DESCRIPTION OF PRIZES: There will be a total of five (5) Vehicle Prizes available to be won (each, a “Prize”). Prizes will only be awarded to winning and confirmed Nominees: Each winning Nominee (“Winner”) will receive a new Defender 130 , the exact model of which is determined below according to the country in which the winner resides at all relevant times (“Prize Vehicle”), a custom-designed vehicle exterior wrap and installation valued up to US $5,000 / CA $6,440, up to US$ 3,500 / CA $4,375 (awarded in the form of a check) intended to be used towards initial title, license and registration costs only, and up to US $12,000 / CA $15,000 towards Sponsor accessories and installation (together, “Prize”).
Prize Vehicles must conform to vehicle regulations and specifications of the country in which the Winner is a resident. The Prize Vehicle for Winners located in the U.S. is a 2023 Defender 130 P300 S, and the Prize Vehicle for Winners located in Canada is a 2023 Defender 130 P400 SE.
Approximate vehicle retail value (“ARV”): US $70,000 / CA $93,000 (includes optional equipment and accessories). Total of Each Prize Value: up to US $90,500 / CA $118,815 (inclusive of wrap, check, and accessories). Prize Vehicle will either be made available for pickup from a U.S. or Canadian Land Rover dealership in Winner’s general area or Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may make arrangements for delivery of Prize Vehicle to Winner’s offices. Winner will be responsible for tax, title, license, and registration costs at time of Prize Vehicle delivery. The depiction of the Prize Vehicle in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual vehicle to be delivered to the Winner. Sponsor will determine some features of Prize Vehicle, which may include color of exterior and interior, and other features or upgrades. Authorized representative of Winner must provide their valid U.S. or Canadian driver’s license and proof of legally required insurance at time of Prize Vehicle delivery. Sponsor shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of Prize Vehicle, and delivery is subject to availability. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption (except as provided herein), or substitution of a Prize or portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute Prize for a prize of comparable or greater value, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All Prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event, shall Sponsor’s prize liability exceed the stated ARV of the Prize. Limit one (1) Vehicle Prize per Nominee.
Sponsor’s partners will provide the following prizes.
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. will provide all finalists of each Category, a total of 25 Nominees, with the following prizes:
• US $5,000 / CA $6,446 paid via Sponsor directly to each finalist (US $125,000 / CA $161,150 in total).
Pelican Products, Inc. will provide the Winner of the Search and Rescue Category with the following prizes:
• US $25,000 / CA $32,230 donation directly to the Winner, payable when the Winner takes delivery of the Defender prize vehicle in 2023;
• Pelican benefit-in-kind product to the Winner, up to a total retail value of US $8,000 / CA $10,313;
• Pelican benefit-in-kind product to the other four (4) Winners, up to a total retail value of US $1,000 / CA $1,289.
The KONG Company will provide the Winner of the Animal Welfare category with the following prizes:
• US $25,000/ CA $32,230 donation directly to the Winner, payable when the Winner takes delivery of the Defender prize vehicle in 2023;
• Kong benefit-in-kind product to the Winner, up to a total retail value of US $15,000/ CA $19,338.
ei3 Corporation will provide the Winner of the Community Service category with the following prizes:
• US $25,000/ CA $32,230 donation directly to the Winner, payable when the Winner takes delivery of the Defender prize vehicle in 2023;
• Up to 100 hours of Business and Technology Consulting Services from ei3 specialists.
Dentsu International will provide the Winner of the Veterans Outreach category with the following prizes:
• US $25,000/ CA $32,230 donation directly to the Winner, payable when the Winner takes delivery of the Defender prize vehicle in 2023.
Outside, Inc. will provide the Winner of the Environmental & Conservation category with the following prizes:
• US $25,000/ CA $32,230 donation directly to the Winner, payable when the Winner takes delivery of the Defender prize vehicle in 2023.
Prizes can be won in any region of the US or Canada, where permitted by law. The winner may not choose the cash equivalent of prizes that are goods or services.
Total Value of all Prizes Awarded in this Contest: up to US $729,000 / CA $939,826.
6. POTENTIAL WINNING NOMINATOR AND NOMINEE NOTIFICATIONS: Potential winning Nominators and their Nominees will be notified after the Public Voting Period has concluded and no later than December 1, 2022, by the Administrator via the email addresses and phone numbers provided at time of entry. Both potential winning Nominators and their Nominees must each execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release, and any other documents required by Sponsor (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”), within three (3) days of date of issuance specified in the email notifications. In order for a Nominee to be confirmed a Winner and receive a Prize, both the potential winning Nominator and Nominee (if different) must execute and return the Prize Claim Documents and both potential winning Nominator and Nominee’s eligibility must be verified. If the potential winning Nominators or their Nominees do not respond within three (3) business days of the date of issuance specified in the email notifications or phone messages, if either the potential winning Nominator or Nominee fails to comply with these Official Rules, or is otherwise deemed ineligible by Sponsor or Administrator, then the Nominee will not receive a Prize, and the Entry that received the next highest number of votes from the Public Voting (see Section 4) will be deemed a potential winner. The Individuals that run the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or Canadian registered charity that nominate or are nominated are subject to a criminal background check and Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Nominator and his/her Nominee if it is revealed that he/ she/they have been convicted of a felony or any crime of moral turpitude or if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the story told in the Video is untrue or if awarding the prize to such Nominee may reflect unfavorably on the Contest or Sponsor. If a potential winning Nominator or Nominee is at least 18 years of age but considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, such minor’s parent or legal guardian must execute the Prize Claim Documents on minor’s behalf. Failure to return the documents listed above or reply to the email and/or phone call with the requested information, within the specified time-period, the return of any notification as undeliverable, noncompliance with these Official Rules, or Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winning Nominator or Nominee within the specified time-period may result in forfeiture of potential winning Nominator or Nominee status and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Entry that received the next highest number of votes from the Public Voting may be deemed a potential winner. No messages will be left on answering machines or voice mail systems. Administrator is not responsible for technical difficulties with internet servers or other telecommunications systems beyond its control. If a potential winning Nominator and Nominee are confirmed as Official Winners, they may be announced in any media as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Official Winners who are not announced publicly will receive email confirmation that they have been confirmed as an Official Winner no later than December 1, 2022. Winners will be prohibited from disclosing they have won a Prize until after Sponsor publicly announces the identity of the Winners.
Please Note: As a condition of participating in the Contest or receiving any prize, selected Nominators and their Nominees must agree to be recorded on video, interviewed, and/or photographed at the time the prize is awarded or for additional publicity required by Sponsor. Any video, interview, and/or photographs taken by the Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives, may be featured on local and national media and may be used by the Sponsor without further notice for advertising and marketing purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Furthermore, the Winner must provide proof and certify that it complies with the following requirements and conditions:
1. The Winner is a nonprofit, registered charity, public charity or a private operating foundation (but not a private foundation) in the US or Canada;
2. The use of the Prize by the Winner must be related to the Winner’s tax-exempt function;
3. The Prize is to be used by the Winner solely in connection with the daily tasks required by the Winner’s work as a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization;
4. The Prize may not be transferred by the Winner (or any transferee of the Winner) in exchange for money, other property, or services; and
5. Sponsor must receive a written statement from the Winner regarding its use of the Prize.
7. TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest, each Nominator and each representative on behalf of the Nominee confirms that they have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules ,by the Sponsor’s Privacy Policies, available at https://www.landroverusa.com/privacy-policy.html and https://www.landrover.ca/en/privacy-legal.html and by the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects, without any right of appeal. By participating in the Contest, Nominators and their Nominees agree: (a) to hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any liability whatsoever and to waive and release the Released Parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, expenses, injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action. (b) under no circumstances will Nominator be permitted to obtain awards for, and Nominator hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law (and except where prohibited for individuals resident in the province of Québec), all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. If your Entry is selected as a winner, you and your Nominee’s information may be included in a publicly available winners list. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A NOMINEE TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR WEBSITE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH NOMINEE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH NOMINATOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. By accepting a prize, Nominees agree to release the Released Parties and hold them harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, harm, damage, cost, and/or expenses whatsoever (including without limitation, all attorneys’ fees and court costs incurred) arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of a Prize. Participation in the Contest will further constitute and signify Nominator and Nominee (or their parent/legal guardian if 18 but considered a minor in their jurisdiction of residence) agreement and consent that Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s assignees may use the Nominator’s and respective Nominee’s name and likeness (if applicable) and/or biographical information in any media worldwide without limitation for promotional purposes without further compensation. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by any cause, including fraud, computer virus and electronic, network, computer or other technical malfunctions, which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and, if terminated, at Sponsor’s discretion, to judge and determine winners from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. No more than the stated number of winners in these Official Rules will be awarded.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law (and specifically where prohibited for individuals resident in the province of Québec), Nominators and Nominees agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state of New Jersey without regard its conflict of laws principles with venue in New Jersey, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, and in no event will Nominators or Nominees be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Nominees or Nominators be permitted to obtain awards for, and Nominees and Nominators hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law (and except where prohibited for individuals resident in the province of Québec), all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New Jersey. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials or made by any representative of Sponsor, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, the French version of these Officials Rules, point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Official Rules given by any representative of the Sponsor, the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. NAMES OF WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after December 1, 2022, send a self-addressed, business-size envelope with proper postage affixed by June 1, 2023, to: Defender Service Awards Winners, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC, 100 Jaguar Land Rover Way, Mahwah, New Jersey 07495.
11. SPONSOR: Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC, Attn: Marketing Department, 100 Jaguar Land Rover Way, Mahwah, New Jersey 07495.
12. ADMINISTRATOR: Swivel Group LLC, Friday Harbor, Washington 98250.